I recently inherited a mandolin for the first time in my life and realized that I now, since I am omnivorous, I can FINALLY make this delicious enchilada recipe that I have been modifying over the past year.
So I set out to make this recipe of SUPER YUM and I realize that the mandolin is not my friend and the pieces of sweet potato look like mangled heaps of goo. So, I took paleoOMG.com’s recipe and made it in pie form, kind of like a lasagna, but it will fall apart. It takes a little while to prep but it is so worth it!
Check out that recipe for the ingredients and then do this:
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the sweet potatoes into thin strips, they do not have to be whole pieces, it is ok to have bits and strips, and whatnot.
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan and pan fry the pieces of sweet potato until they are soft and some will be a little crisy. Drai on towels.
- Heat about half of the onion and garlic and all of the chili peppers in the same pan, add a little bit more oil to it if needed. Then add the beef, and keep stirring and breaking up the beef.
- While the beef is browning, put a tsp of oil in a saucepan, then add the rest of the onion & garlic mix. When translucent, add the broth and the sauce and let it simmer a bit.
- In a medium sized baking dish, layer a bit of sauce, sweet potato, beef until you run out of ingredients, then pour the rest of the sauce on top.
- Mix together 2 TBSP almond meal, with 1 TBSP nutritional yeast and sprinkle it all over the top of the pie, and bake for 15 minutes OR until the crumble on top gets browned. Let it sit for a bit before eating.
- It will not stay in pie form, it falls apart, be forewarned!!