(I did not create this recipe, it was passed along to me by a friend. I tweaked some things and changed the directions around a bit, not sure where it originally came from!)
About 1 C pumpkin seeds
1 1/2 ish C coconut flakes
1 C chopped pecans
1 C almond flour
1/2 C hemp seeds
1/2 tsp salt
Maybe 3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 ish tsp cardamom
A little more than 1/2 C melted coconut oil
The same amount of maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
Heat oven to 350 F
Cover cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Stir dry ingredients together.
Mix wet ingredients in separate bowl.
Pour wet in to dry and stir to combine.
Spread over parchment covered cookie sheet, Bake for 11 minutes, stir, then bake for about 11 more minutes. Keep an eye on it, because it burns quickly. You want it to be golden, not blackened!!
Add in dried fruit while its cooling. I added raisins and some dried mango slices.
Store in air tight container, refrigerated or not.
Makes 2 giant jars full!veg
I recently inherited a mandolin for the first time in my life and realized that I now, since I am omnivorous, I can FINALLY make this delicious enchilada recipe that I have been modifying over the past year.
So I set out to make this recipe of SUPER YUM and I realize that the mandolin is not my friend and the pieces of sweet potato look like mangled heaps of goo. So, I took paleoOMG.com’s recipe and made it in pie form, kind of like a lasagna, but it will fall apart. It takes a little while to prep but it is so worth it!
Check out that recipe for the ingredients and then do this:
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the sweet potatoes into thin strips, they do not have to be whole pieces, it is ok to have bits and strips, and whatnot.
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan and pan fry the pieces of sweet potato until they are soft and some will be a little crisy. Drai on towels.
- Heat about half of the onion and garlic and all of the chili peppers in the same pan, add a little bit more oil to it if needed. Then add the beef, and keep stirring and breaking up the beef.
- While the beef is browning, put a tsp of oil in a saucepan, then add the rest of the onion & garlic mix. When translucent, add the broth and the sauce and let it simmer a bit.
- In a medium sized baking dish, layer a bit of sauce, sweet potato, beef until you run out of ingredients, then pour the rest of the sauce on top.
- Mix together 2 TBSP almond meal, with 1 TBSP nutritional yeast and sprinkle it all over the top of the pie, and bake for 15 minutes OR until the crumble on top gets browned. Let it sit for a bit before eating.
- It will not stay in pie form, it falls apart, be forewarned!!